What Do Followers Tell Us About Leaders?
Changing Minds.org studies followership to find out why people follow leaders.
They identify six reasons to follow:
- Not because I'm pushed to, but because I'm pulled by an inspirational vision.
- I respect what they're trying to do - it's important.
- I trust them - they will not take advantage of me.
- I like them - a lot.
- I will follow someone who supports me.
- I will follow ideas, not objectives.
These seem like a pretty good set of leadership criteria to us, and inspiring goals for your brand as well.